There has been a serious writer’s block since I came back from my vacation from Makkah, Saudi Arabia.
I have been severely affected with Bronchitis which has made my sound go away for the past three weeks. I still have not got back my original sound and I have been put off from attending events and talking to friends.
I had even lost appetite and tbh cooking was the last thing on my mind. Apparently as I scrolled through my gallery I saw the pictures of the Alfredo recipe that was sitting in the archives to be posted. Sometimes you get that urge to write something all of a sudden and what is a better way to refresh my blog other than my favorite topic, food!
It has been raining for days together which is so unlikely here. What is the food that gives comfort to your whole family when it rains? For us it is undoubtedly, Pasta. Hot and Cheesy = perfection! I have been on the hunt for an amazing Alfredo sauce recipe that does not incorporate wine in it. I am sure it is not just me who wants a good Halal Alfredo sauce recipe. My whole family has approved this recipe and so go ahead and give this a try.
Prep time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 60 mins
Servings : 4
Penne Pasta – 500g
Chicken – 500g
Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Garlic – 2 cloves chopped finely
Onion – 1 chopped
Mushrooms – 1 cup chopped
Cream cheese – 3 tbsp
Cooking cream – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Parsley – a few sprigs
Parmesan cheese – for topping
How to Prepare:
1. In a pan, cook chicken with salt and pepper and the water. Shred the chicken and reserve the remaining water. This can be used as the stock.
2. Cook Pasta according to package instruction or until al dente.
3. In a pan, add olive oil and when it’s slightly hot add the chopped garlic and saute for a minute. Add in the chopped onion and saute until transparent. Add the mushrooms and cover and cook until the mushrooms are soft. Add the reserved chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Mix cream cheese in milk and stir until there are no lumps. Add this to the mushroom mix and let it boil again. Add the cream and adjust the seasoning once this mixture starts to form bubbles on the sides of the pan.
5. Add the pasta, shredded chicken and parsley and mix well. Serve hot while the sauce is still runny with shaved Parmesan cheese on top.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and looking forward to hearing your reviews in the comments below.