Do you get addicted to something you make and then keep creating the recipe again and again? Well, I sort of have that behaviour and I am sorry for myself. But when the recipe is as healthy as a salad I am not guilty at all. The Energy Balls recipe I am sharing today has turned out to be an addiction not just for me but also for my husband, Mr. M.
These are vegan friendly, no dairy, no sugar, no additives and paleo friendly.
So, there is no cooking. Half the job done. All you need is a mixing bowl and a food processor and of course the nuts and dates! Here goes the recipe;
Dates – 12 small pressed dates (you can use any dates that is soft)
Salt Roasted Peanuts – 1/3 cup
Walnuts – 6 to 8
Almonds – 1/4 cup
Freshly grated coconut – 1/2 cup
1. Pit the dates and add them to the food processor. Add the coconut to this and grind until smooth. It need not be a fine paste just smooth to touch consistency.
2. Transfer the dates and coconut mix to a bowl using a spatula. Do not taste at this stage because coconut and dates are a match made in heaven. You cannot resist and pitting more dates is tedious because they are so sticky!!
3. Combine all the nuts and add to the food processor. Pulse until it resembles coarse crumbs. It should not be ground too much that the nuts start to turn into butters.
4. Combine this with the dates and coconut mixture. Mix well until all of the nut powder is thoroughly mixed with the dates. The dough will be sticky at this stage. Leave for five minutes.
5. Form into small balls and pack them away if you can. I sit there and eat one after the other!
It is best tasted when cooled for some hours in the refrigerator. These Energy balls make gift boxes too. Perfect to eat for Suhoor as this is filling and light on your stomach.
Do try the recipe and tell me how did you like it!